Getting started with ClickBank is easy. The hard part is driving traffic to your website and affiliate links. Generating traffic is the key to success and it isn’t easy especially if you are on a tight budget. You can choose to go for paid traffic or free traffic, you have both options.
How to get free traffic for ClickBank is one of the most asked questions. New affiliates usually don’t have enough funds to invest in paid traffic (such as PPC). They’re usually left with only free traffic sources especially because they’re still testing the waters. Even if new affiliates have enough funds, they’re least likely to invest in traffic.
If you are looking for some of the best free traffic sources for ClickBank, check out the following list:
1. Organic Traffic
Organic traffic is the best free traffic that you can get for ClickBank. It is the traffic that you receive from search engines. It is a long-term marketing strategy that requires consistency and hard work. You might not receive traffic instantly from search engines, and this is a potential drawback of organic traffic.
So, what do you have to do to generate organic traffic?
You need a website preferably a blog that is search engine optimized. You’ll then need to publish quality content regularly. This will help you rank for your target keywords in search engines. It requires a content marketing strategy with a proper content calendar and link acquisition strategy.
Here is how it works:
- Create a blog
- Create and publish quality content to rank in search engines for your desired keywords
- Generate backlinks to improve search engine ranking
- Drive organic traffic.
Since it is focused on content creation, you must write the content yourself (to keep it free). If you can’t write content, you’ll need to hire someone else and it won’t be a free traffic generation source anymore.
Only go for organic traffic if you are 100% sure you can write and publish content worth reading.
2. Social Media
If you are looking for a zero-investment traffic source for ClickBank, social media is your best bet. You can drive free traffic from leading social media networks at no cost.
The social media traffic is instant. You don’t have to wait for weeks or months (like organic traffic). If you need instant free traffic for ClickBank, use one of the leading social networking sites:
It is important to pick the right social media platform to promote ClickBank products. Not all platforms work equally well. Instagram, for instance, works best for entertainment, beauty, fashion, and similar niches while Twitter and LinkedIn work best for business, finance, investment, marketing, and related niches.
Once you have finalized a social media platform to get free traffic for ClickBank, here are the steps you need to take:
- Update and optimize your profile and add the most relevant affiliate link in your bio
- Publish new posts regularly. Read this post on when to post on social media
- Create a social media content calendar to schedule posts in advance
- Grow your followers and subscribers by actively engaging on the platform
- Follow the rules and avoid spamming posts with affiliate links
- Analyze and monitor traffic and engagement. See what works best for traffic generation.
Using social media to drive traffic for ClickBank has one drawback. People don’t like sharing and commenting on posts that have an affiliate link. You need to identify the best content type that keeps your audience engaged.
For example, product review videos work best on YouTube that includes launch videos, unboxing videos, and more. Similarly, video posts on Instagram have the highest engagement rate as compared to other post types:
The idea is to keep posts informative and non-promotional. As long as you are helping others, you’ll keep getting traffic.
Niche forums are one of the best sources to get free traffic for ClickBank. Here is a case study of how Steve Scott generated 1,861 visitors from a single forum post. It shows a lot about the potential of forums.
Recently, Facebook Groups have been another source of free traffic that is gradually replacing conventional forums. A whopping 1.8 billion people use Facebook groups every month making it a great opportunity for free traffic:
Here is how to get free traffic from forums and Facebook groups:
- Identify top forums and Facebook groups in your niche and join the most relevant ones
- Update your signature and profile. Add relevant details. Create a professional and catchy signature for forums
- Find the most relevant posts and leave high quality replies that help your target audience solve their problems
- Avoid adding affiliate links within the posts as most of the forums only allow links in signature
- Actively participate in discussions and reply posts to solve people’s problems
- Create 1-2 new posts once a week per forum/Facebook group. This must be high quality content related to your niche
- Build your authority and engage with others. You’ll continue receiving free traffic from these forums and Facebook groups for weeks and months.
Ideally, you must use forums with social media marketing. Share and republish your forum posts on social platforms with minor tweaks. If you didn’t add any affiliate links in the forum post, you can add links in the social post without a hassle.
It is best to use these three traffic generation methods together. If you don’t have an affiliate website or a blog, create one. This will help you in the long run. Instead of sending traffic directly to ClickBank, it is recommended to drive free traffic to your website and from there send it to ClickBank.
It is much easier to get free traffic for your website from forums and social media as compared to sending traffic to an affiliate link. Not only are people reluctant to click affiliate links but social networks and forums have very strict rules when it comes to posting affiliate links.
Better have your website and drive unlimited free traffic to ClickBank at will.
Featured Image: Jesse Willms